Thursday, April 28, 2011

Emerson CKD 2020 Clock Radio w/ CD Player Review

Emerson CKD 2020 Clock Radio w/ CD Player
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
I've had Emerson clock radios before. They WORK, they're ACCURATE and RELIABLE, and they're NOT too expensive. In fact, the only reason I replaced the one I bought in 1980 and used for 25 years is that my requirements changed: I wanted to wake up in the morning to a CD. So I bought an RCA/Thompson unit. That was big on looks, not so good on reliability, and gave up the ghost just as so many other reviewers said. I said as much in my review of it.
So I got this. It's a bit plain looking but it's better because it WORKS, and it's not too big. It's functional. It doesn't fail to go off at the time I set it, unlike some. This unit is not a FAIL. The RCA/Thompson is definitely a FAIL. I recycled the RCA/Thompson unit (can't call it a clock) rather than give it away because I didn't want to be the reason some poor person didn't get their wake up call.
After a move, I plugged the Emerson in and it came up with the correct time, due to the battery backup. I had to fix the time anyway, because I'd moved two timezones, but that's not its fault. It has no GPS, after all. If you want GPS time, you'll pay much more.
The only real issue I have with this Emerson is that it can't seem to do random tracks to wake me up. It always uses the first track on the CD. I dinged it one star because of this.

Click Here to see more reviews about: Emerson CKD 2020 Clock Radio w/ CD Player

Emerson Dual Alarm AM/FM Clock Radio With CD-R/RW Player and Auxiliary Input Jack- Top-Loading Compact Disc Player- 20 Track Programmable Memory System- Forward / Reverse Skip Track and High-Speed Music Search- Random Playback- LED Indicators fo

Buy NowGet 42% OFF

Click here for more information about Emerson CKD 2020 Clock Radio w/ CD Player

0 comments:

Post a Comment