Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I bought this as a replacement unit. I measured the length of the shaft from the original movement, and then used the "Reference Guide" at the top of this page to order the correct shaft size of the new Paylak unit. Some problems exist with the Reference Guide Diagram (imho). The "B" (Dimension of Shaft Length)is a lineal distance from the point the unit rests against the back of the clock face, then through the thickness of the clock face, and then the distance from the clock face to a point in space that will include the hour, minute, and second hands' thicknesses. The distance of the shaft on the old unit was 1/2". That distance was a perfect length for the clockface, second, minute, hours hands. So I ordered the "Clock Movement Quartz Square Straight Black Hand Shaft 1/2" Kit". When the unit arrived, the actual shaft length was 1". The sealed package had the correct marking, ie "Clock Movement Quartz Square Straight Black Hand Shaft 1/2" Kit". So, either the unit inside was the wrong one, or Paylak measures in a differnet manner than what the Reference Guide Diagram infers. (And, yes I measured the shaft, face, hands, MANY times-not just twice-before I ordered). The box did not have a receipt or an Amazon returns form. Rather than the hassle of calling Amazon, mailing it back, etc., I placed varying thicknesses of washers on the Paylak shaft between the movement box and the back of the clock face until I had the correct shaft distance on the outside of the clockface. That distance could only be determined by varying the number and/or thicknesses of the washers on the shaft in back of the clockface. The movement is working fine, keeps the correct time, so I recommend the item itself, but have some reservations on the ease of installation given the vague, off-hand, arbitrary ways to determine the correct shaft-length to order from the Paylak Reference Guide Diagram. But, you could luck out and get the exact shaft length you need...
Click Here to see more reviews about: Clock Movement Quartz Square Straight Black Hand Shaft 1/2" Kit Made in USA
Standard Quartz Movement for Clocks Made in USA. The quartz movement features accurate and dependability timekeeper (accurate to +/- one second per day), built-in molded hanger strong enough to hold up to 4 lb., movement size: 2 7/32 (56mm) square and 5/8 D (16mm) thick and fits in a 3 (76mm) diameter hole. The quartz movements available in 4 shaft sizes that allows dials ranging in depth from 3/16 (5mm) to 3/4 (19mm). Movement is suitable for clock repair, restoration or clock making. The shaft diameter measures: 5/16" (8mm) A pair of hands included 4 1/8" as shown. AA battery required. Clock movement:Maximum Dial Thickness 1/2" &Total Hand Shaft Length 15/16"
0 comments:
Post a Comment